These are private one-on-one workshops tailored to suit your needs and skill level.
Bring a Friend
For an extra $80 you can bring a friend to participate in our session. This is a fixed price irrespective of the session duration.
What You Can Learn
- Understanding the basic camera settings (Shutter speed, Aperture and ISO)
- How to correctly expose an image
- How to understand and read a histogram
- Capturing sharp images
- Composition techniques
- How to use Graduated ND Filters in the field to balance the exposure
- Long exposure photography with NiSi ND Filters
- Working in low light and adapting to the changing light during golden hour
- Capturing scenes with a large dynamic range
- Apps to help plan the next time you head out for a shoot
- Important camera equipment for landscape photography
Session Start Time
Sunrise in Sydney in early December is around 5:30am. We will need to meet on location at 4:45am to ensure that we will be set up to photograph the best light of the morning.
Our private photography workshop will be based in Sydney, NSW. Possible locations listed below. Once you have booked your session Luke will get in contact to confirm the locaiton.
- Sydney City (Mrs Macquarie’s Chair, Kirribilli, The Rocks)
- North Narrabeen Rockpool
- Turimetta Beach
- Avalon Beach
- North Curl Curl Rockpool
- La Perouse
What Duration Should I Choose?
If you are fairly new to photography or have not used filters previously the 2 hour workshop will be better suited to you as I will go through what you need to know in more detail. If you are hoping to get a few tips and advice on your photography out of the workshop or looking for a follow up workshop than the 1 hour workshop will be what you’re looking for. If you are still unsure or have any questions about the duration of the workshop please get in touch with me for further assistance.
What to Bring
- Camera (with fully charged batteries)
- Lenses (I can recommend lenses – get in contact)
- Tripod (Essential – I sell tripods at luketscharke.com/store)
- Memory Card (ensure it is empty)
- Filters (if you have any) – filters will be provided for the duration of the workshop if you don’t own any
- Remote shutter release for long exposures
- Head torch
- Camera bag
- Rain jacket (depending on weather)
If weather conditions prevent the workshop from going ahead an alternative date will be arranged.